Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Marching Bands of Kampala: The Last Year in Motion


Marching Bands of Kampala
Walking from the taxi park up to Kampala road one day I heard a lot of commotion...tada! A Marching Band was walking right down Kampala road! This happens, oddly enough, from time to time that a marching band for some cause or another is just cruising on down the road. Actually I get excited every time I do see this, but the sound that is being produced (much to the sad condition most of the instruments are in) is as if it has come from some 1960s Soviet Propaganda film...





Driving to Kaliro
This is just a short clip of the drive between Iganga and Kaliro. Not much to it, just givin' you all a little glimpse what the villages look like.




A Rainy NTC, Kaliro
From my office window, I became stuck for a few hours until I could go home because of the torrents of rain that were disturbing me!




Dancing
In my first few weeks here at the National Teachers' College, Kaliro, I was treated to nearly 8 hours (it was a long day indeed) of the music students of NTC, Kaliro performing for their end of year exams. This is just a short little clip, but believe me when I tell you I have nearly 3 hours of footage from this day!




The Library at NTC, Kaliro
This is the library at NTC, Kaliro. Also this video was taken just after we began to transport all the textbooks donated graciously to the college by KPCB and Mari Baker.




Burn Piles
Just me...burning my trash...acting dumb like I usually do.

1 comment:

RasChoc said...

First of all, these videos are very nostalgic for me! I know that little dance in the video. Is it from Eastern Uganda. I come from Mbale! It is great to see all this footage your are taking. Keep up the good work.