Wednesday, December 17, 2014

2015-The Year of the (uninterrupted motion of the legs)..Running

I've declared 2015 the Year of the (uninterrupted motion of the legs)…I attempted to search for a reasonable synonym to 'running' and I felt most were lackluster.  Therefore I've utilized a statement, opposed to a word, to describe the year to come.  That said, this post comes to announce that I am putting my foot down.  Just over 5 months ago when the clock ticked 30 regarding my years on this planet, I declared this the decade of all decades (yes…I may declare that when I hit the 40s, 50s, 60s, or 70s), but I mean it.  Great things are to come.

Back to the running…ahem…uninterrupted motion of the legs.  That is one small piece of the puzzle.  About three and a half months ago, September 2nd to be exact, I flipped over my handle bars avoiding a squirrel after volunteering at Oregon Public Broadcasting on their fundraising drive, broke my elbow, and my running took a backseat for a couple of months.  I backed out of one race, but inevitably ran the Klickitat Trail Half after months of not running and surprised myself with the effort.

This year, I am proud to announce that I have been invited to be part of Team Nuun for the 2015 season!  Nuun (http://www.nuun.com) has been a hydrating asset not only in my physical life over the years but as a regular part of my nutritional regiment in maintaining hydration, mental acuity, and physical endurance.

I am still finding out how to best utilize this blog regarding passions that I hold (running, beer brewing, educational policy-of course the profession comes out), but I figure word vomit is a way to start.

Back to running though.  So far this year my registration is:

- May 3rd-BMO Vancouver Marathon (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- May 9th- Smith Rock Ascent 50k
- (Not registered-Volunteering to sweep the 2nd half of the 100k Gorge Waterfalls Race here in Oregon)

Stay Hydrated!


No comments: