Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Christmas Hens and Footballs


A WHITE CHRISTMAS: The closest we could come to having a white Christmas was for me to sit outside my window and sprinkle ashes in front of the window and peer out...kind of sad, huh?!


MAKING COOKIES: Much of Christmas Eve day was spent making cookies on this sigiri with Lisa..Honestly we were as American as we could be often just sitting and eating the cookie dough uncooked until we could make another batch...


THE GIFT OF A CHICKEN: In Mbale, prior to the Imbalu ceremony, a Mzee had his children come and thank me with the gift of a chicken. Just months prior I had filmed and documented his children's ceremony and created for him a DVD video that the village could show in their videohouse, and were incredibly happy. This chicken though, sadly, had its life come to an end on Christmas Day...it was rather tasty I tell you!


MZEE'S CHICKEN GIVERS: These were the children whom I had filmed in August, and along with my colleague from the NTC Mabonga on the right, we took to his village in Mbale again for his children's ceremony just after I was given the chicken.


FOOTBALLS:Thanks to a generous donation from home, the NTC acquired nearly 40 soccer balls, pumps, jerseys and socks for their use in Sports Science and generally conditioning and play. Myself along with many of the ministers from the college and college staff are here excitedly displaying the amazing gifts!

No comments: